Unrevealed Facts About Indoor Air Pollution
An average Indian spends more than 80% of time in indoor environment. Statistics suggest that in developing countries, health impacts of indoor air pollution far outweigh those of outdoor air pollution. Indoor Air pollution is the second biggest killer in India after high blood pressure.
- Indoor air is 10 times more polluted than outdoor air
- 3 million people in India die every year because of indoor air pollution
- About 27.5 % of under-five mortality is because of indoor air pollution
- Close to 4.3 million premature deaths annually is attributed to indoor air pollution
- Allergies, asthma, lung & heart problems have all been linked to indoor air